Thursday, January 24, 2008

Eventful Week

What an eventful week we have had. To start things off, we had our first and hopefully last run in with the fire department. I was cleaning the inside of my car with Elly playing next to me. I decided that the black panels on the outside of the car needed to be cleaned as well. Thinking Elly would be fine in the cozy, warm, car, I stepped outside and began to clean. A few seconds later I heard the click of the power locks. I new instantly that Elly had pushed the power locks, but I was hopeful that she pushed the unlock button or that I had taken the keys out of the car. When I rushed to the door I found the contrary, doors locked and keys inside. The next forty five minutes I spent trying to convince Elly to push the button up to unlock the doors. She understood the push part but not so much the up. When I mean push she had pushed every button in the car, except the unlock button. With hazards on, I decided to throw in the towel and called 911. I informed the dispatcher that this wasn't an emergency and to just send a police officer over whenever it would be convenient. Three minutes later a huge fire truck and a police officer showed up. To my embarrassment I directed them to the car where Elly greeted them with smiles and a lot of curiosity. With all the commotion my neighbors came over to see if everything was okay. (I sure have great neighbors!) I was gratefully to inform them that everything was fine. To say the least everyone got a good laugh out of the whole ordeal.

Brian left on Wednesday morning to finish his mission in Texas. After his knee surgery and recovery I think he was more than ready to get back to work. The family all got together on Tuesday night for a farewell dinner and to say our goodbyes once again. We are sure going to miss his fun, loving, spirit. We love you Brian!! (I told him to check the blog to get up-dates on our family.)

Andy finished another class at NNU for his masters program. I think that this class was a more demanding one that he isn't sad to say goodbye to. One more down and only a few more classes to go. We are so proud of him and all that he does for our family.

Lastly Elly and I have gotten the bug that has been going around. I realize that it is winter and that is to be expected but I thought we were going to dodge this one. At first I thought that Elly had the symptoms of teething but it never went away. We are both congested and have fevers. This is what I hate about winter. Andy luckily hasn't gotten it, cross our fingers.

2 comments:

J & J said...

Hilarious.....I actually had the same this happen with Sam, but luckily I have a spare set of keys. Sam only had to spend a few minutes locked in the car while I ran up the stairs to get the keys. I can just picture you for 45min. trying to lure Elly to open the car. Did she ever get upset? I hope you guys are feeling better. love, Jenelle

Angie said...

That is so funny about Elly-I know Maya would have been freaking out! That stinks you guys are sick. I'm with you....I'm done with winter!(even though it's a blizzard outside!!!)